Integrative Medicine is the healing-oriented medicine that considers a person as a whole, including all that has happened in their life up to the present time. It highlights the healing relationship between doctor or consultant and patient, by what the patient presents with, putting this into context with how they came to be in that place or state of health and makes use of all suitable treatment choices.
Integrative Medicine also defines a style of clinical practice and uses an inclusive approach. Embracing the inclusion of the patient in their care, focusing on their personal needs, and makes use of all suitable beneficial approaches, or modalities to regain their best health outcome possible.
Integrative doctors are trained medical practitioners who have selected to further study how to integrate all the body systems and be definitive in discovering the reasons for symptoms. Concentrating on nutrition, past health and enhancing essentials such as nutrition as it is the basis of our health. Integrative doctors use their medical training alongside their integrative training to provide the best treatment solution for their patients.
Integrative Medicine is used for acute and chronic illnesses. With conditions such as autoimmune diseases, such as thyroid dysfunction where the use of special kinds of thyroid enhancements can optimise wellness.
Integrative Medicine associates the best of conventional and evidence-based balancing medicine to enhance the body’s natural therapeutic mechanisms:
Do you feel satisfied, well, healthy and happy or joyful?
Does the digestive system of yours is working 100% right?
Are you taking full rest and sleeping on time?
Does your mind remained focused and working well?
If someone can’t answer these questions with positive enthusiasm, if you have an enduring health condition, an integrative medical approach can be of assistance.
A Brief Introduction About Integrative Medicine
- Patient and doctor work together as partners to provide the best outcome.
- All aspects which influence, or affect health, wellness and illness are taken into consideration and care, involving mind, body, soul, and community or society.
- Effective modalities that are beneficial and natural less painful or aggressive must be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conservative medicine nor agrees to accept other therapies uncritically.
- Safe and useful medicine is based on evidenced-based medicine or best clinical practice.
- The practice of integrative medicine needs to be practised in accordance with the ethics required for all medical doctors
- Along with the idea of treatment, the comprehensive concepts of health advancement and the prevention of illness are supreme.
All diseases treatments, whether predictable or complementary, need to focus on being effective. Registered health doctors must act morally or ethically by offering advice and treatment built or based on the best accessible evidence, in accord with their specialised standards, and be conscious of the evidence base of treatments they provide.
There has been a concern with reports of non-evidence created treatments, as well as Complementary and Alternative Medicines, being used to treat situations that are long-lasting, chronic, or could become serious. The safety of the patient must be put first and foremost.
Completing and Improving Conventional Medicine
Integrative Medicine is beneficial for assisting the management of chronic diseases such as
- Anxiety and adrenal exhaustion
- Poor digestion health
- Men’s health and women’s health
- Metabolic disorder
- Thyroid and other hormone imbalances
- Chronic illnesses such as asthma, stiffness
- Diabetes, hypertension
- Eczema, osteoporosis, and obesity
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Weight management
Integrative Medicine at Mojo Klinik
Dr. Maria Mackey, from Mojo Klinik in Neutral Bay on the Lower North Shore of Sydney has trained extensively to provide an inclusive approach based on evidence-based medicine. She strives to stay up to date with the latest teachings in Integrative Medicine.
Ways to Practice Integrative Medicine
- Educating and providing facilities to doctors all over the globe, through online teaching courses
- Offering specialised courses to doctors
- Accompanying studies on the influence of the environment on health in addition to the cost efficiency of integrative primary care and additional fields.
- Promoting health and Integrative Medicine all over the world and helping people.
Healthy Living Tips:
- Eat healthy foods and have a good sleep routine
- Take in less sugar as it is hidden in many “convenient” foods that increase energy input
- Maintain a good diet
- Pay attention to what your “body” tells you
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast or an occasional intermittent fast
- Maintain your cholesterol level
- Eat a variety of fruits
- Drink water daily
- Exercise daily
- Smile every day… it really does good things for your body and mind
Book an Appointment
We would love to hear from you. To make a booking at our Neutral Bay, Sydney clinic use the form below and someone will contact you as soon as possible or call us on 02 9133 8500.