The Mojo Way to Great Health
Understanding Integrative and Functional Medicine
Integrative and functional medicine is very complementary but there are subtle differences.
- Patient and doctor work together as partners to provide the best outcome.
- All aspects which influence, or affect health, wellness and illness are taken into consideration and care, involving mind, body, soul, and community or society.
- Effective modalities that are beneficial and natural less painful or aggressive must be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conservative medicine nor agrees to accept other therapies uncritically.
- Safe and useful medicine is based on evidenced based medicine or best clinical practice.
- The practice of integrative medicine needs to be practised in accordance with the ethics required for all medical doctors.
- Along with the idea of treatment, the comprehensive concepts of health advancement and the prevention of illness are supreme.
Functional and metabolic medicine shifts the focus of medical practice from treating disease symptoms to a more holistic approach that takes into account genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that influence long term health.
Functional medicine strives to determine the ‘why’ of chronic disease (e.g. obesity, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, mental illness and auto-immune disorders), One disease can have several causes, and one cause can manifest as several different diseases. Every complex and chronic disease is preceded by a long-term disturbance in functionality which can be identified and effectively managed to facilitate better health outcomes.
We are strong advocates of both forms of practice—helping you achieve the best you can be and full of your inherent Mojo is our goal!
What Conditions do Integrative and Functional Medicine Support?
Anxiety and adrenal exhaustion
Thyroid and adrenal health
Other hormonal imbalances
Weight management strategies
Food and chemical sensitivities
Men’s and Women’s health optimisation stress
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
Recurrent infections and allergies
Yes, the list is extensive but so are the people we help and support to return to optimum health and reclaim their Mojo.
Other Approaches to Medicine
At Mojo Klinik, we’re all about using the right approach to get the results you deserve, expect and need. This means we are flexible in our approach to great health. We also have deep experience in:-
Book an Appointment
We would love to hear from you. To make a booking at our Neutral Bay clinic, in the Lower North Shore of Sydney, use the form below and someone will contact you as soon as possible or call us on 02 9133 8500.