About Mojo Klinik
My focus has been to help those who exist between wellness and un-wellness. Where one can feel tired or that their digestion doesn’t work right or that their “hormones are changing”.
Functional medicine helps to span that divide by assessing one’s overall status to determine a patients’ underlying biological/biochemical/ physiological with a systems orientated approach and assessment. Includes considering their lifestyle/diet/ past and family history.
Forming a treatment plan that addresses the dysfunction that the individual has presented with. It requires collaboration between the patient and the doctor.
The functional medical approach considers that individual as a whole to address the wellness of body, mind and spirit.
“FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE is the future of conventional medicine–available now. It seeks to identify and address the root causes of disease and views the body as one integrated system, not a collection of independent organs divided up by medical specialties. It treats the whole system, not just the symptoms.” Dr Mark Hyman.
I am passionate about prevention. Why wait for something to develop? My drive is to empower others to own their health through improved awareness/knowledge. Educating about healthier lifestyle options that may make you feel better.
Apply the scope of “functional medicine” – which assesses function vs dysfunction, or how your body creates the symptoms it does. I.e. pathophysiology.
Using precise and measurable testing to identify the imbalances present that may cause you to feel unwell.
You’ll get up to date management strategies that may regain your health and may assist with getting your “Mojo” back.
- MBChB – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Otago University, New Zealand
- Fellowship Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Diploma of Homoeopathy, Sydney College of Homoeopathy (Dip Hom)
- Physician training with Bio Balance / Walsh Training.
- Fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (FAARM)
- Board certified with the American Anti-aging Academy (ABAARM- A4M)
- IFM Fellowship (IFM – Institute For Functional Medicine) – Dr Maria Mackey is currently undertaking further studies in Functional Medicine.
- Cosmetic training – absorbable threads and facial rejuvenation